We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- (b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, email address and date of birth);
- (c) information that you provide for the purposes of completing and maintaining your profile on our website (which may include your gender, home town/city, country, interests, address, telephone number, mobile phone number; details of your interests, education, work and other information about your life; details of your sporting interests, achievements and favorites; and any images you choose to upload);
- (d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- (e) any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both "session" and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you while you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to recognize registered users when they return to the website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain upon your computer until their expiry date or until they are deleted.
We use analytics software to analyze the use of this website. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
(3) Using your personal data
- (a) administer the website;
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- (e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- (f) send to you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- (g) provide third parties with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- (h) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
(5) International data transfers
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. Transmissions of personal information to our website will be encrypted using SSL technology. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(9) Updating information Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.